Joseph J. Gigliotti, MSW
• Licensed Independent Social Worker (OH), MSW
• BA Criminology
• Certified Practitioner Guided Group Interaction. • Cross Trained in both Behavioral Health and Hospital Standards of TJC. • Trained in NFPA Life Safety Code applications to Healthcare Facilities
• 32 years experience as a JC Field Surveyor. This experience included surveys of the following types of settings/organizations: – State Psychiatric Hospitals – General Hospitals w Psych/AD – Prison Psychiatric Hospitals – Veterans Admin. facilities – Military hospitals w psych/AD – Community MH outpt. agencies – Residential (Kids/Adults) – Delinquent/Correctional prog – Alcohol and Drug programs – Detox (Acute and Sub-Acute) – Methadone programs – Developmental Disability Prog – ICFMR faciities – Alzh/Dementia Day programs • As a member of the Joint Commission Clinical Faculty, I taught Accreditation Seminars across the US including specialized training to the US Army 7th Medical Command (Germany), the Veterans Administration (Hospitals and Domiciliaries), the New York State Hospital System and Executive Leadership training in Quality Iprovement Principles.
• 30 years experience with CMS regulations as a member of the Ohio Dept of Mental Health central office including: Special Conditions of Participation for Psychiatric Hospitals – Conditions of Participation for Hospitals – Deemed Status transition to TJC – ICFMR regulations – Medicaid compliance for community mental health agencies. This experience also included overseeing the state psychiatric hospitals and state operated outpatient services submission of CMS plans of correction and follow up.
• Following retirement from my ODMH Central Office position, I worked at Twin Valley Behavioral Healthcare (part-time) for 5 Years overseeing the Integrated Safety Program and held the following positions within the hospital in Acting capacities; -Director of Quality Assurance -Chief Operating Officer In my central office leadership role I worked with each CEO on budget planning, FTE management and capital construction
• Clinical Supervisor of the Jefferson County Children’s Home • Agency Director- Residential Treatment Facility -Steubenville, Ohio • Juvenile Probation Officer- Pittsburgh, Pa
• TJC Accreditation and CMS Compliance strategies. • Strategic Planning • Organizational Development • Leadership Motivation • Environment of Care and Life Safety Code compliance
For Customer Contact:
• Home State: OH
• CV Available Upon Request